Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Another Angel Baby and One on the way

I've rewrote this post three times now. Did I say how much I hate the 1st trimester? Its been such a roller coaster and glad that I'm in the 2nd trimester now, even though I've been still throwing up (hoping that will go away soon). Anyways here is how its been...

We transfered two beautiful frozen embryos November 9th. The embryologist said they looked great and they were both hatching out. I took a pregnancy test 4 days after the transfer and it was positive. I had a feeling it was twins since it was so early to get a positive. At 4.5 weeks I got a HCG pregnancy blood test and it was high, three times higher than my other two pregnancies.


Then at 5.5 weeks I started bleeding, it was very similar to my miscarriage and I of course I got scared, fortunately it did stop within a few hours. I went to the doctor the next day and sure enough, I found out that it was twins. We saw two sacs but it was still too early to see any babies or heartbeats. The doctor noticed a blood sac or pocket of blood but couldn't tell much of anything else. They took another HCG blood test and called me later that day. It was bad news, the nursed said that my HCG dropped, they concluded that I was probably miscarrying one or both of them and I was told to come back over the weekend for another blood test. So, I waited Saturday and Sunday; I didn't even get out of bed, hoping somehow I could save one of them.

Monday morning finally came and I went in for another blood test. I patiently waited for the nurse to call. She finally called in the afternoon, I was expecting bad news. She said that there was a lab error on Friday and they missed a digit on my HCG results. My HCG had never went down and I was in fact still pregnant with twins. I was in shock.

7.5 week ultrasound

At my 7.5 week ultrasound there were two strong heartbeats..two little ones measuring the same. We were thrilled. We were picking out names and duo strollers, buying a van ect. Then at my 11 week ultrasound there were still two sacs but only one heartbeat. I have to admit I am still disappointed and sad. I understand this is common. I understand that this allowed my surviving twin to grow and be healthy...yet none of this make it any easier. I still feel the loss..and probably always will. I have such mixed emotions being happy about the one but mourning the loss of the other.

11 week ultrasound, the darker sack to the right is the twin that stopped growing.


Baby at 13 weeks, I see 5 toes!


We are trilled and blessed to be expecting this baby, due July 28th!  I want to thank my friends and family for all of the prayers and support. They are much appreciated!
 

6 comments:

  1. :) always grateful for your posts!!!! Can't wait to meet this baby. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh deep breath yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh love lynette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know WHY I get so emotional about this...about YOU...and about this BABY! I am balling at the computer. I can barely type. AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I am overcome with gratitude and emotion. I am thanking my Heavenly Father for blessing you and Kelly with such a CHOICE son or daughter. I am THRILLED for you both. I am SOOOOOO HAPPY for Jacob. You just made my day, my week, my year! Please keep me posted. My heart aches for the little baby that passed. I know you will always remember that little baby and the purpose it served. I love you Melissa! I am so grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness! What a post. You had ME on a roller-coaster just reading this...I can't imagine the roller-coaster you've been on! I'm so happy for you, two, but also sorry for the loss of the twin. Hope you get feeling better soon. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Melissa! I'm so happy for you and this new little baby, but I am so sorry for your loss. It's so bittersweet. I remember finding out that I was having twins and being so worried that one wouldn't make it. I know you are strong and I have faith that everything will work out according to Heavenly Father's plan for you and your sweet family. Hugs to you! And...I hate the sick part of pregnancy and sure hope you feel better soon. It's worth it, but it's so hard. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete