Sunday, April 1, 2012

Saline Sonogram Day

This week I meet with my infertility doctor. I knew that I would have to have a Saline Sonogram done before I attempt a frozen embryo transfer. A saline sonogram is not the same as the lovely vaginal ultrasound (no fun either).. it's very similar to the dye test or HSG (blogged about it here). Basically they insert saline through a catheter into the uterus to see in there better. For me this is really painful, this is the third time I have had this done and just like the other times I cried.

A saline sonogram is done to check for scarring, fibroids, polyps or anything that would hinder implantation. I am happy to say that everything looks great. There weren't even any cysts on my ovaries. Last year in May I had some cysts but they are gone now! The homeopathic medicine, acupuncture and a gluten free diet seams to be helping.

I haven't made a decision yet if I will blog about our FET cycle while I am going through it. I wasn't very open about our infertility before Jacob and now wish that I was more open about it at the time. So I can't decide but either way I will eventually bog about it.

Infertility has taught me about control. I have very little. Keep us in your prayers as our infertility journey continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment