Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day


I’ve never really liked Mother’s Day especially before having Jacob. I remember not wanting to stand in church when they handed out the Mother’s Day gift. Kelly always made me take a gift but it just didn’t feel right. I know these feeling were wrong but even now thoughts of inadequacy creep into my mind. I often think of my single friends and those struggling with infertility and know how hard this day is for them.
I’m thankful for the atonement and knowledge of Jesus Christ that he suffered for my sins and that I can be forgiven of my mistakes as a mother, wife and daughter of God.  This Sunday I was reminded of the many blessings that God has given me; especially being a mother to Jacob.

When I picked up Jacob from the nursery at church he says, "Present for Daddy." It's obvious who he favors!

No comments:

Post a Comment