Saturday, May 26, 2012

Progesterone Oil


I must have amnesia from FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) 1.0. I forgot how much I hate Progesterone oil shots. Thankfully, this is the only shot that I have to do for FET. Progesterone oil is given with a HUGE 1.5 inch,  25 gauge tip needle in my hip (buttocks) muscle. Yes, it HURTS. This has been my daily ritual....

First, I stick the vile of oil under my bra to warm it up to body temperature (makes it easier to inject). While it is warming, I heat up my hot pad so it is ready for my butt after the shot. Kelly swabs the top of the vial, stick the needle (18 gauge)  in and draw out the medicine. Then, switches to the 25 gauge tip. The shots go in the upper outer quadrant of your buttocks.  After the shot, I massage the area to break up the oil under the skin so I don't get too many lumps (the oil can coagulate under the skin), and then I lay down with my heating pad.

1 comment:

  1. you are such a strong person i love you and kelly for your courage and strength love lynette

    ReplyDelete