Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Freezer Paper Stencils

Jacob has figured out how to climb out of his crib. I knew it was time to start thinking about a big boy bed. We already have a twin bed, so I bought a plain blue comforter at Walmart for $18 and found really cute airplane sheets at TJ-Max for $19.99.
Hillcrest Airplanes Twin Sheet Set Cotton Flying High
Above are the airplane sheets I bought.

I used my Cricut and the Cricut Craft Room to cut an airplane stencil with freezer paper.

I ironed the stencil on the comforter, shiny side down.

Mixed Acrylic paint with Textile Medium paint to turn it into fabric paint.

Used craft sponge to paint over stencil. It took multiple coats of paint.

I am pleased with the way it turned out. It's not perfect, the paint did bleed a little. I'm thinking about adding some clouds but I can't decide. This picture was taken in my kitchen. When I get done with his furniture, I will post a better one. My next project will be painting his furniture red.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! sooooo CUTE!!!! I love it!!! You are amazing!!! Love how Jake is helping...he's such a stud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me? This is so cute. How creative! I wish I was good at this kind of stuff, but I'm definitely not. Go Melissa!

    ReplyDelete