Sunday, February 19, 2012

Infertility: Part 8 The Miracle of Conception

Faith and Timing

August 20, 2009 was a very happy day. I remember I was sitting with my coworkers eating lunch when I got the call from the nurse. I really didn't believe her. I remember saying, "Are you sure?" a couple of times. Then I said "Can I have another blood test to make sure?" I went home a took a test...sure enough it was POSITIVE! I had light spotting and some cramps like I was going to start my period but it didn't last long; I was in shock. For some reason I always thought that I would just know when I was pregnant, that was not the case, I didn't feel much different until around 10 weeks.

Positive Test with Jacob
My first ultrasound was at 6 weeks. I was very nervous since I could have been pregnant with twins since two embryos were transferred but we were thankfully blessed with one. At the first ultrasound they weren't able to see the heartbeat. I was on pins and needles until my next ultrasound at nine weeks, in fact every appointment made me worried that I might miscarry.


That beautiful day finally came. The day I had been dreaming, praying, and hoping for. Jacob is everything I wished for and more. Sometimes and look at him and think… Did this really happen? Did I really give birth to this little boy? My dream became a reality and I thank God every day for the gift he has given me...the miracle of conception.
Love at first sight! Jacob born at 35 weeks
After having Jacob the darkness of infertility has been less. But, every time I see or hear about someone whether it is on TV, a friend or a complete stranger… I remember. That darkness and pain I can always remember.

So our infertility story continues...

I was hoping that after having Jacob I would just be able get pregnant on my own. Well, that hasn't happened yet. We have been trying for over a year now with no success. I been on Femara (drug like Clomid) for about six months, doesn't seem to help much. I have also been gluten free for about six weeks now. I did some research that going gluten free can help with endometriosis. I've been thinking about seeing a chiropractor and trying acupuncture.

Our 19 "freezer babies" have been on my mind the last couple of months.  Some days that is all I can think about. It's been hard to know when the right time is. It makes it even more difficult when we have to pay $3,000-$4,000 each time to transfer our freezer babies. However, I have faith. I know that "faith in God includes faith in his timing."

8 comments:

  1. Miracle - exactly how you said it! I'm so grateful Jake is here - he is an absolute delight. We LOVE him sooo much!!! Love you guys too!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I couldn't empathize with you but I can. Good Luck and keep me posted. PS...at least it's only 3-4k and not 18-20k. LOL. You are in my prayers. I'm coming up on 38 wks so it is possible. :)

    Robyn Cassell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robyn! You are such a great friend. I was so blessed to work with you at that time. I sure miss working with you!!

      Delete
  3. Wow. I loved this part of the story. I still remember crying and crying when you told me you were pregnant. I still remember crying and crying when he was here in your arms and you had your baby. I still can't look at that picture of Kelly holding the baby over you. It makes me ball like a baby. I am so happy that Jacob is here. I hope that you will someday add to your family but I know how expensive things can be. I sure hope that soon things can be tax deductible like you have mentioned. Jacob is absolutely wonderful. I am so happy he and Claire will marry some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for always being there for me Meghan. It means alot. I sure miss you!! It's true Jake and Claire will marry:)

      Delete
  4. I love that family photo! Thanks for sharing your story. You are so courageous! I've not heard anything about acupuncture/chiropractic/gluten-free helping with endometriosis, but I just started acupuncture for a different problem and it's different than what I expected. It's definitely relaxing and couldn't hurt to try! I'm learning more about Chinese medicine and think it's fascinating. You're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I would love to hear about your experience with acupuncture. I'll email you:)

      Delete